1. How important is it to you to have an organised home?
I aim to keep my home quite organised, but since I have three kids around it often seems like a sisyfos project to keep the mess away.
2. What’s your organising style?
I try to make some space around me and keep the bigger surfaces clean and organized by putting all stuff in stacks.
3. Which interiors brand do you keep going back to and why?
I admire the calm, solid and simple look from the e15 collections and I have a feeling that this kind of furniture brings stability and order to my life with its heavy, yet sophisticated design and great quality. To soften the German seriousity I combine with a brand like Italian Produzione Privata with more playful poetic and light accessories such as lamps and vases.
4. Is there a design item you covet?
A huge cabinet with drawers and cupboards and rooms for everything that usually gets lost. All papers, buttons, keys, all the useful stuff and the absolutely useless stuff you keep saving anyway.
5. Do your organising skills extend to your workplace and desk?
Yes, I need space around me and not too much visible noise. So usually my desk is quite organised with most of my stuff in stacks and boxes.
6. Which possessions do you love to have around you?
I love to have books around me, especially I have always several sketchbooks, pens and pencils nearby.
7. Can you find things easily in your wardrobe?
Usually, but I would love to have even more drawers.
8. What will you never get rid of?
I don’t know specifically. Stuff comes and stuff goes and sometimes even things you really appreciate disappear as if it has an own life… so maybe stuff gets rid of me rather than the opposite.
9. Do you collect anything?
I have a lot of porcelain!!
10. Do you have any organising tips you can share?
Throw away everything that you actually don’t need. But since it doesn’t always work like that, I try to put things together in stacks like little islands to keep some free, naked space – an ocean – surrounding.
- See other features
- Alyson Walsh Editor That’s Not My Age
- Lisa Armstrong Fashion Director – The Telegraph
- Amanda Lamb TV Presenter
- DANIEL HOPWOOD
- The Travelista
- Mia Cara
- Tina Frey Designs
- &New Design
- Royal VKB
- Universal Expert
- Joseph Joseph
- Trinny Woodall
- Design house stockholm
- Normann Copenhagen